GBHS PET WISH LIST
Collect items from our wish list and donate them to the Greater Birmingham Humane Society to directly help our pets and staff who care for them. We also have an Amazon Wish List that will ship the items directly to our shelter.
The items below are always needed at the Greater Birmingham Humane Society and can be donated at the adoptions center during business hours.
- Newspapers: Our puppies go through a lot of newspaper! We line all out our puppy kennels with paper, and use this in our clinic for intake and isolation during recovery for our pets after surgeries.
- Toys for our pets: We can always use new toys! Our pets go through a lot of toys, and we want to make sure the items our pets use for enrichment are clean, sturdy and safe. Dogs love: rope toys, Kong toys, squeaky rubber toys (large sized); Cats love: anything with feathers, scratching posts, catnip-filled small toys.
- Clorox wipes: We use these for cleaning in many different areas of the shelter.
- Cat Litter:We can only use the regular, NON-CLUMPING clay type; unscented is best.
- Pet Food Bowls: All of our pets use stainless steel bowls. All sizes needed.
- Hole-free plastic bags: Grocery, newspaper, or other types of smaller bags are perfect for picking up doggy droppings in our outdoor areas. Please check for holes before donating!
- KONG© toys for Dogs: The original “beehive” shape, in red (“Classic”) or black (“Extreme”), in sizes X-Large, or XXL only; anything smaller (or of a different shape) gets caught in the drains.
- Lowe’s Gift cards: Used for general shelter upkeep
- Pet Shampoo: Needed to wash puppies, dogs, cats and kittens
- Copy Paper: Laser Printer/Copier Quality
- Hand Sanitizer: Small and large dispensers needed
- Paper Towels
- Dry Erase Markers
- Towels and Fleece blankets: Old bath towels, hand towels and thin fleece blankets are used in puppy, kitten and cat condos to give them a soft place to curl up.
While our shelter feeds our pets Science Diet brand food, we are always in need of name brand, dry pet food for use in our Pet Pantry program.