Greater Birmingham Humane Society is able to provide the best care possible to all of our pets, thanks to the thousands of hours contributed each year by both individuals and groups. If you have a school, organization, or corporate group that is looking to give back by getting involved, simply fill out the inquiry form below. One of our Volunteer Department representatives will get back in touch with you to discuss possible opportunities!
The projects we ask our groups to help with generally do not focus on hands-on contact with the animals in our care, but they are all very important aspects of helping animals in need.
- Enrichment prep
- Blanket/toy making
- Grounds help
- In-kennel socialization
- In-kennel grooming
Group and Corporate Volunteer Guidelines
- Group and Corporate volunteer opportunities are scheduled as needed, according to the needs of the shelter. Because we value your time, we want to be sure that there is a project requiring your group’s help!
- Groups are limited to 10 volunteers over the age of 16.
- Groups can be scheduled Tuesday-Friday, between 7:30 and 4:00.
- No volunteers under 16 are permitted.
- Most groups are asked for a 2 – 2.5 hour time commitment.
- Volunteer work will be both indoor and outdoor, rain or shine.
- Groups must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance with the Volunteer Department. Keep in mind that not all dates will be available.